"How to Survive College -
1. If you’re going to the library always bring your laptop charger and phone charger with you. Even if they’re at 100% when you leave your dorm/apartment/house, bring them anyways.
2. You can retake a party. You can’t retake a test or a class.
3. Never walk with headphones in at night.
4. No friends are better than bad friends.
5. Almost every class requires two hours of studying per one hour of class. Remember that.
6. The library is your friend.
7. Get at least eight hours of sleep a night.
8. If the class takes attendance, GO. If the class doesn’t take attendance, GO.
9. If you’re not stressed/always busy, you’re doing something wrong.
10. Do not study on the weekends (Friday and Saturday). Your brain needs a break.
11. Start the essay when it’s assigned even if it isn’t due for another three weeks.
12. Take advantage of your professor’s office hours.
13. If you don’t understand something in class first refer to YouTube/Wikipedia/Google, then refer to your professor. There are often easier ways to do something than you were taught in class. But sometimes those tricks aren’t always accurate so make sure to ask your teacher about them before relying on them for a test.
14. Always, and I mean ALWAYS, look up professors on ratemyprofessor.com before you take a class.
15. Don’t be that guy/girl in class who asks a question every three seconds. Write down the really important questions you have. Again, after class, refer to YouTube/Google/Wikipedia. Then, if your questions still aren’t answered, go to your professor’s office hours.
16. If you think you’re done studying for a test, you’re not. Study again.
17. Make tests mimicking the test your teacher is likely to give you and test yourself.
18. Don’t start drinking coffee if you don’t absolutely need to.
19. Study. Study until you can recite the information in your sleep. Then study again.
20. Breakfast is essential. Don’t skip it. Bring something with you to class if you don’t have time to eat it in the morning before class.
21. Don’t study with friends unless you absolutely have to.
22. Get an Adderall prescription even if you don’t have ADD.
23. Don’t go out EVERY Thursday if you have more than one class or an important class on Friday.
24. Don’t not study for a test. You can’t retake it. Ever.
25. Take notes. Always.
26. Don’t study in your dorm. You’ll most likely end up in your bed. Asleep.
27. Stay calm and you’ll get through these next four years I promise you."